Social media is an imperative element of any brand’s digital marketing strategy, customer acquisition, and overall success.
Law and social media don’t go hand in hand, but in today’s technologically focused marketing landscape, they’re learning to get along.
Law firm social media marketing allows firms the chance to interact with clients (potential, past and current) in a way that isn’t possible over the phone or in the office. Utilizing law firm social media as an extension of your team is a way to show your personality, commitment to clients, and projects or missions that exist outside of day-to-day operations.
Let’s look at how to use social media in your legal practice.
5 Ways to Use Social Media Marketing for Law Firms:
- Set goals before taking action. Creating a strong social presence and succeeding in high follower counts and likes is great until you don’t see any ROI. What are your specific goals? Client acquisition? Brand awareness? Whatever your goals are, action plans should be set accordingly; this will keep your messaging effective and cohesive throughout your campaign.
- Collect data to analyze right away. Although analyses will take time to build, generating your bank of information to draw from the get-go is essential. Run monthly or quarterly analyses to understand which types of posts are effective, which lead to engagement, higher likes or ROI. If results are consistently the same, try a new approach and see if numbers fluctuate.
- Platform selection. Social media exists across a wide variety of platforms today, and but you don’t necessarily need to be present on all of them. Determine which platforms make the most sense for your brand by investigating where your client base spends their time and which platforms are the most conducive to the type of information and message you want to share. LinkedIn should be a given for all firms as it connects professionals and focuses on business-related news. However, if you’re searching for new clients, you might try a platform such as Instagram, where your ad can be sponsored within relevant feed images.
- Establish an engaging presence. Offer more than pretty pictures and witty captions. Use your social media platforms to be a reciprocating voice in your industry and at your company. Your profile should a be a place where clients can find answers, ask questions and feel genuinely heard and cared for. It’s also a space to claim a sense of authority in your industry. Speak out on issues that matter, comment on relevant current news and share valuable information with the entire social network.
- Keep posts consistent and relevant to your industry. If your profile veers from standard industry news, keep posts in line with your theme or types of messages you have been sharing. If you’re not sure what to post about, execute client research to find out what your followers are interested in and share that news. Remember, relevancy might only refer to what’s relevant in your clients’ lives.
Easy, right? If you’re ready to start building a solid social media presence and action plan for your law firm, reach out to our digital marketing agency, Rosy Strategies. We will walk you through all necessary building blocks of your campaign, sufficiently educating you along the way so you can keep up with the social media revolution.