Online marketing is an ever-evolving mode of communication, advertising and brand messaging. We’ve already watched several anticipated trends manifest this year, and we are looking anxiously at the remainder of the year for continued changed and digital growth.
Once a brand establishes a presence online, it must be monitored and maintained tediously and creatively. Trends are constantly changing, so brands must apply the popular marketing methods in their campaign strategies.
Let’s take a look at the digital marketing trends in 2017:
- Live video streaming. Live video streaming continues to attract audiences, and large audiences at that. Brands who can provide an inside look or behind-the-scenes perspective on an event are desirable to the masses.
- Augmented reality. Not to be confused with virtual reality, augmented reality distorts physical reality by involving technology. An example we saw in 2016 was Pokémon Go, an app that led the user through actual streets and rooms to succeed in the online game. Although the game quieted not long after its launch, its initial introduction was massively appealing to consumers. Brands can continue to innovate around this type of tech-real-world overlap.
- Virtual reality. Virtual reality invites consumers into entirely new, often fantastical experiences. However, it has made a mark on many by doubling as a (nearly) tangible way to experience a product or service before purchase. Consumers want to see what you can do with VR! It’s time to get creative.
- Viral marketing. Everybody wants to go viral- it attracts millions of viewers to your page, prompting a nice spike in search engine rankings. Going viral is so coveted, firms are developing methods to its madness to ensure that quality content is shared to all, by all.
- Behavior-based email marketing. Email had a lovely run for many years, slowly sneaking random content into subscribers’ mailboxes. Now, consumers don’t want random offerings and content. Advertising has targeted consumer habits in a way where they now expect to see content or items related to previous browsing. The same is now expected of email- push content that you know your consumers have been interested in.
- Social media. Social media continues to rein prominent, but shifts as quickly as millennials shift their passions and sentiments. Following and staying active on emerging platforms that consumers show preference toward is so important! Messaging on each platform should remain consistent to the brand and simultaneously adapt to the voice and vibe of each respective social media channel. Hiring a professional team for social media management in Miami is one of the most common solutions amongst local companies.
- One-to-one marketing is possible with the help of data analytics so that everything can be personalized. Each consumer is different, and you can message to them accordingly.
- Mobile first. Mobile device compatibility and optimization are certainly not new, but they are still prevalent in marketing strategy development. More consumers search and shop on portable devices, making mobile platforms the priority over our traditional desktop-based browsing methods. Mobility is key!
Time has already told how well adopted some of these marketing strategies have been, and we have half a year ahead to see how the rest fare. Remember, not all predicted trends pan out, but you always learn something in the process of producing an actionable marketing item based on new technology. Give these trends a whirl, grow with technology and help it help you. For information, insight or strategy assessment, reach out to our team at Rosy Strategies. We look forward to helping you tackle this year’s unfolding digital trends.