Many companies have realized that using social media marketing results in higher conversion rates than traditional marketing. The following are 8 of the best social media marketing tips you can use to grow your business and improve sales.
1. Develop a digital marketing strategy
Any experienced marketer will tell you that digital marketing campaigns require coherent strategies. Without them, you will wander aimlessly achieving zero results regardless of the initiatives you launch. A digital marketing plan will keep you grounded and focused on the final goal: achieving a greater ROI.
Indeed, without a digital marketing strategy:
- You will be directionless
- And have no idea how big your market share and online audience is
- Your competitors will be gaining market share as you lose yours
- You will find yourself with an extremely weak online value proposition
- Likely to misunderstand your online customers, thus create products and services they have no interest in
- You are likely to allocate inadequate resources to your online marketing initiatives
- Your brand will likely suffer from incessant and unnecessary duplication
2. Clear call to actions
Call to actions (CTAs) should never be vague. When thinking about the CTA to use for your digital marketing, consider those that are easy to understand and take the necessary action. Ensure that your call-to-actions are vibrantly on display in every one of your landing pages. Avoid ambiguous and unobvious CTAs as well as the more generic ones like “read more” and “learn more”.
The following are five characteristics of good CTAs:
- Are often short and concise, always communicating value
- Their use of text creates unignorable sense of urgency
- Are strategically placed on a web page where users will easily see them
- Are big enough to make them easy to find and small enough to not make them distractions
- Typically use shouting colors and are often surrounded by big chunks of white space
3. Use visuals
Human beings are visual beings. Anything presented in a way that attracts the eye will have greater engagement and better leads. Today’s generation is said to have an attention span of not more than seven seconds. To get the attention of such a people, visuals should prominently feature in all your campaigns. This is true for both B2C and B2B companies. It is especially helpful when you’re trying to capture the eye of a new customer who may know very little about your brand and its products and services.
The following are six types of visuals you should be using in your marketing initiatives:
Available statistics back up the claim that visuals are an ideal tool in marketing.
4. Take advantage of social media
Any digital marketing campaign today would be incomplete without a marketing strategy for social media. The platform is perfect for keeping existing customers in the know about the company’s products as well as new offerings they are likely to love and introducing new customers to your products and services.
Social media sites give you a marketing space where you can, with ease, engage and interact with your customers. Resist the temptation to neglect certain social media channels just because you don’t have the time to invest in growing an audience there. There now exist social media tools that help businesses make money on social media sites like Instagram through organic growth. A good example of such tools is the Instagram growth tool at https://socialgrowr.com/. It helps you grow on Instagram by finding the right people to connect your brand with.
5. Be consistent
Consistency is a big part of successful digital marketing strategies. It subconsciously tells a customer what to expect from your brand and seeks to portray your company in an accurate, unchanging manner across different marketing platforms. Consistency ensures your brand messaging is focused on the same target market and is constant across various platforms.
6. Designated landing pages
Regardless of how attractive your business proposition might be, without a dedicated landing page you will continue to record unimpressive results. To ensure the customer buys what you are selling, you should create a landing page for each service or product. This ensures the user sees acutely relevant content, which in turn increases the amount of time they will spend on the website and ultimately improves the chances of the website visitor converting.
A properly designed landing page should:
- Be relevant to the campaign that drove the user to the site
- Clearly guide the website visitor to take the appropriate action e.g. fill a form or make a call
- Be visual so that it can appeal to the user and reduce the bounce rate
7. Compelling messaging
It goes without saying that compelling marketing messages do better than the rest. When creating this message, you must keep in mind that the message you create will be your only way of communicating to potential customers. Use succinct words that incite emotion and urge the potential customer to take action. For most businesses, this involves showcasing their value proposition, highlighting their core values or giving the potential customer an incentive to buy the product or service.
8. Analyze, analyze, analyze!
After you’ve done everything else, the last step involves constant analyzing. This unending process helps you keep up with the changes taking place in the digital space and devise ways to deal with them. For your website, few other tools are as good as Google Analytics. For your social media pages, you can use the tools provided by the social media networks. Constant testing and monitoring will help you identify loopholes in your digital marketing strategy and devise ways of sealing them.