You’ve probably heard the statistic. More than 50% of businesses fail in the first year and more than 95% of startups fail in the first 5 years. This is the result of a few factors that include market demand, labor quality, lack of funding, poor management, poor planning, cash flow issues, and over budgeting marketing efforts. The good news is that over half of small businesses use digital marketing because it is very cost-effective and highly influential. With 3.5 billion on the internet, there are great benefits of internet marketing to customers that can keep your business budget in check. All you have to do is tap in!
Where to Start For Digital Marketing Small Business?
If this is your first time for digital marketing small business, we’d like to congratulate you for taking this important step! You are headed in the right direction for increasing your business growth and revenue. Before you start, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Target audience — This is one of the most important steps you can take to make the most of your social media presence online. Understand and know your target audience like the back of your hand. An effective marketing campaign is built on knowing who you are marketing to so that a connection can be made to your brand. There are many social media tools available that will help you do this. Monitoring your data from social media insights will give you a good idea of how to reach your target audience.
- Relationship building — The point of using social media is to be social so make sure you are building relationships and engaging with your audience. Potential customers like to know that there is more to the profile picture than just a caption. Customers respond to positive experiences and buy into genuine connections. It is also a great way to solve customer issues in real-time and demonstrate the responsiveness of your company.
- New opportunities — There is so much value in finding new opportunities in social media. There are various social media tools that can be used to search out opportunities with other brands that align with your company offerings. It can be as simple as a “like” on a picture or sending private messages. Utilize these tools to strike up a conversation and build alliances and partnerships to expand your brand.
- Plan — It is challenging to come up with original content every day. Planning out your content will help you maintain engagement and consistency on all social media platforms. There are many planning tools on the market that can be connected to all of your social media accounts. Always take into account what content best fits your audience and present it in compelling and interesting ways. Show your uniqueness!
- Post — Posting content is not enough. Take it a step further by posting the content at optimal times when your target audience is the most engaged and active. You can find this information on your social media insights page or Google Analytics. Whichever tool you chose to use, pay close attention to the demographics and times of your target audience. You want to find your customers and not let them find you.
- Hashtag — Using hashtags may seem like a thing of the past but they are not. Hashtags are extremely useful in broadening the reach of your post and engaging with new and potential customers. Popular hashtags added to your post will increase your influence and generate interest where it otherwise would’ve never happened.
What Are the Benefits of Digital Marketing?
The benefits of social media are essentially endless. When you consider that over 3 billion people use social media for an average of 3 hours a day, social media is the best platform for reaching your target audience. Here are some of the benefits of internet marketing to customers:
- High conversion rates - One of the best benefits of digital marketing is the high conversion rate optimization. This refers to the number of customers who visit your site and take action. At Rosy Strategies, we’ve elevated conversion rate optimization to new heights and understand the nuances of getting the most out of social media platforms. No matter what kind of business you own, you’re in business to generate revenue. This means that you want to generate leads that will most likely purchase from you. There are many social media tools that can be used to achieve the results you want like pay per click strategies.
- More targeted customers - Another benefit of digital marketing is the ability to quickly and easily access your target customer. Using the right strategy and the right timing, you can maximize your online presence to grow your business many times over. This requires a comprehensive and integrated marketing approach that includes content development, email marketing, SEO, and video marketing. With all of these digital marketing channels working together, your business will explode.
- Minimal cost - A favorite benefit of digital media is the low cost. Marketing budgets are typically tight for most small business owners and most social media is essentially free. When you combine this platform with other traditional marketing tactics, you’ll be able to make additional room in your budget for other business expenses. Reaching your target market is critical and is essential for growing your business. Social media is a low cost but powerful marketing tool that expands your business reach globally.
- Influence — Your business can become an influencer using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The potential for advertising is tremendous! You have the ability to shape user preferences, decisions, and choices when you have an effective digital marketing strategy in place. Get noticed by the right people who align with your business. This is how you build brand loyalty.
- Competition - You have the opportunity to compete with other companies on social media easier than you would by using traditional marketing channels. Small businesses require lower costs with a higher rate of return and using social media to compete with other companies on any level puts you in the game quickly. When using the right social media strategy, you can monitor and run advertising campaigns with little to no cost and immediate outcomes.
- Real-time customer service - Customers are using social media to interact with companies directly for any issues they face with a product or service. This is an opportune time to demonstrate your commitment to excellent customer service and genuine interest in your target audience. A well-structured customer service strategy will give customers the ability to recommend and suggest your company to others. Make sure that you’ve incorporated a human touch in your online engagement and presence. It goes a long way!
Ask About Our Free Consultation Today
Our award-winning digital marketing agency has been recognized as a top digital marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale. We offer a complete assessment of your whole marketing infrastructure and work alongside you to formulate an effective integrated marketing plan going forward. We utilize multimedia, branding, SEO optimization, and web development tools to help you grow your business effectively and strategically. Digital marketing small business is no easy task and we are here to make sure you get the most out of all available platforms.
Take the next steps and give us a call for a free consultation today.